Laser Vein Removal at the Maryland Plastic Surgery Medical Spa…
Spider veins are small red blood vessels with abnormal blood flow that appear most frequently on the face and legs. They may be due to trauma, sun exposure or genetics – more and more of these veins emerge as we grow older, causing some people to wear concealer or causing them to avoid wearing shorts or bathing suits. Laser treatment for spider veins is the most effective way to clear the skin of these unattractive veins.
Dr. Summers is always very meticulous and caring when treating me. He answers all of my questions and ensures the best result. He is always available for your concerns.
– Mamie A.
My experience with Dr. Summers and his staff was superior. Everyone was very professional and helpful and all were eager to make you feel comfortable.
– Barbara F.
I can’t believe how incredible my skin looks after Dr. Summers did laser resurfacing for me. Love, love, love it!
– K. V
What is Laser Spider Vein Treatment?
Laser spider vein treatment is the process of applying laser light directly to each problem area, causing the veins to shrink. If the treatment does not completely eliminate the appearance of the veins, it will significantly diminish them.
What Can Laser Spider Vein Treatment Do For Me?
Laser spider vein treatment can diminish the appearance of unsightly red spider veins on the face, legs, or other parts of the body, creating clearer, more youthful skin with a more even tone.
What Does Laser Spider Vein Treatment Feel Like?
A mild pricking or heating of the skin may be experienced when the laser light is applied. The discomfort is so minor that no anesthetic is necessary.
What Can I Expect After The Procedure?
- You may resume all of your normal activities immediately after the procedure.
- Special ointments and creams are not necessary either before or after the procedure.
- Special compression garments and ACE wraps are not required after laser spider vein treatments.
- Your spider veins will appear darker for a short period of time after the treatment, but the color will fade gradually during the weeks following the procedure.
- Some bruising or redness may occur in the treated areas, but make-up can be immediately applied to cover this during the healing process, which can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.
- If minor swelling occurs, a cold compress or ice pack can relieve it.
- Laser spider vein treatment generally takes 15 minutes to 60 minutes to complete.
- Most patients require two to four monthly treatments to obtain optimal results.
Are the treatments permanent?
The treated spider veins will be permanently removed. However, laser spider vein treatment cannot prevent the development of additional spider veins. Therefore, more treatments may be required in the future.