Application to Become a Mystery Shopper
Shoppers must be able to read and follow directions and fill out forms correctly. In order to demonstrate your potential ability as a shopper, please read the following and answer the questions below.
Aspects of Mystery Shopping
- Anonymity – A good mystery shopper is always anonymous. You must be able to visit without being detected as a mystery shopper. Do not take notes when they are visible during your shopping time.
- Reliability – A mystery shopper who does not reliably complete assignments is of no value to our company and will not be able to participate in mystery shopping. Of course, we realize that occasionally a situation arises that prevents a shopper from completing an assignment they have agreed to take. Reliable shoppers contact us immediately to inform us of the situation. Reliable shoppers submit their reports within the deadline after completing the shop.
- Accuracy – Online survey forms must be completed in detail. Your written observations must be detailed and agree with the way you scored questions. If we have to contact you to ask for missing information or clarify what you have submitted, your payment may be reduced and your status as a shopper could be jeopardized.
- Restrictions – You must be at least 18 to shop. You cannot shop a store or company where you or any relatives or members of your household are employed.
Other important things to remember:
- Names are very important. Your report loses value if it does not correctly identify the people involved.
- Follow the specific instructions and complete all areas of the survey form.
- You must write brief paragraphs about your experience. These are very important to the clients. When making written comments, the comments must agree with your scoring. When you score something as “no” or “below expectations”, be sure to comment on why you scored it that way. Report your detailed factual observations and personal reactions, not what you feel others might think. Frame your comments as “I felt” or “I observed”, rather than “They should have” or “customers like”.
Mystery Shoppers Application Form